Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FEAR




it's crept in to my heart again
i don't know how or even when
i just know that yesterday
i did not feel this way

it makes its journey through my mind
& then in to my heart
i know not where it ends
or how it got its start

i think it made it's strategic move
when i let just one thought in
it took it's residence back up
in familiar places been

how will i ever overcome
this evil little threat?
i must refuse it what it wants,
for in me it seeks death

my only source of strength will come
from creator God himself
He must infiltrate my spirit
with a better kind of health

and as i take a hold of what
He offers me to drink
my fears will go and i'll revive
a spirit new and clean

tonight i take my place in silence
for i'm weary from the day
then close my eyes to site a prayer
for i know not what to say

but God is good He hears my cry
and in his word He says
that i may take my shelter up
and rest my weary head

through this His comfort and his grace
flows freedom full and strong
and once again i fall back in
to his arms where i belong

SSS





1 comment:

Mama Lisa said...

lovely poem and very heartfelt~
the photo really encapsulates what your feeling. is that you?

new perspective

If you’ve ever been betrayed by, gossiped about, or bullied by another woman or friend, then I think you’ll easily relate with what I wan...