Thursday, January 9, 2014

I am.....

Today after doing some thinking, I decided to make a list of some of the things I AM. Usually I spend more energy and time on mentally listing all the things I'm not or that I fail at. I'm VERY hard on myself. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? I apologize too much, talk down to myself, over think conversations, second guess my reactions, over analyze, and fall prey to thinking I'll never be what I used to be. But the truth is, not everything I used to be was so great (except maybe my jean size). Over the past 11 years, marriage and becoming a parent have given me some great wisdom and have grown some characteristics in me I'd say I rather like.
These days,
I'm more thoughtful
I'm more caring
I enjoy serving others
I am more patient
I enjoy being home with my family
I know better what's really important
I know how to make a dang good lunch box
I am great at reading to children and I love it
I sing with more passion & authenticity
I know how to laugh at myself
I have improved my decorating skills
I have better hair
I know how to balance a budget
I know how to do quarterlies for an S-corp :O)
I am good at cleaning a house
I am more encouraging
I am better at conflict resolution
I can make yummy blueberry scones, chocolate chip cookies, & fish tacos
I know how to love more deeply
.....but most importantly, I love Jesus more today and I understand more just how important it is to live my life following hard after Him.
In 2014 I am going to spend more time verbally and physically putting positive energy back in to myself. I want to stop letting energy seep out of me in to things that have no eternal value or bring no negative energy back my way. I want to stop giving power to anyone over my life other than God and stop letting others determine my value.
More serving, more giving, more loving, more patience, more loyalty, and more of Jesus.

No comments:

new perspective

If you’ve ever been betrayed by, gossiped about, or bullied by another woman or friend, then I think you’ll easily relate with what I wan...